Sunday, August 29, 2010

Falling leaves, spiced apples, and a buzz

This summer has been brutal - hotter than hot and STICK-Y!!

But this last week has been a bit of a reprieve. The low temps have been down in the 60s, and the highs have not been quite so high.

Tulip poplars are shedding their first leaves of the season.

FALL IS AROUND THE CORNER.

My most recent trip to the liquor isle had me exploring my options. I wanted something different - something new.

Mike's hard spiced apple was calling my name.

I didn't get a chance to drink my new friend until the temperatures spiked again. This was unfortunate because the belly warming spices were not as appealing with sweat dripping down my face.

It was still very good, and I plan on giving it another shot when summer uncoils it's death-grip on the year.

The Mike's Hard website has some interesting recipes that I am certainly going to try as well.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds tasty! Makes me wish we had it here. Send me some? :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!