Thursday, September 23, 2010

Keep your dog in her place

I love my dogs.

I don't know what I would do without them.

We have a large property that we use for hunting and need the dogs to not sully the woods with dog funk.  We're also not blocking our view of the woods with a fence.

Any of you that know me, know how much I HATE when people let their dogs just run free (especially on the road).



Our solution - which has changed our lives and freed our dogs from cables and chains and leashes - is the PetSafe wireless pet containment system.

That's right, folks!  No wire to bury!!

Just plug in the system, strap the collars onto your beloved fur kids, and go!  (Well, it would be nice if you explain the system to them first!)

This is not a buzz-happy system, and has your pet's well-being in mind.  A warning beep sounds prior to the zap.  This is the sound the dogs will react to after they've tested their boundaries.

You can adjust the level of zap or choose to just have the warning beep with no zap.

The radius of the boundary is adjustable - as small as the area of your kitchen to as large as approximately 1/2 acre.  You can even use multiple bases to expand that radius to a larger area!

My favorite feature: friends and family with the same system can bring their dogs with collars and they will be contained as well.

My least favorite feature: sometimes when the power flickers, the dogs get an unnecessary zap.  We've just made a habit of taking the batteries out of their collars when it storms (I can practically do this in my sleep).

In all, it has given our pups the freedom to roam, play, and exercise without having to build a fence or bury a wire.

Also, the deer have figured out the boundary and will stand munching on greens mere inches from the dogs' boundary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!