Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sun Chips - when it's more than the chip that is crunchy


I love Sun Chips. They are mulit-grain alternative to potato chips.

(Yes, folks, I'm from Indiana and know that there is no "e" at the end of "potato")

Dan Quayle sucks.

My new favorite flavor (relegating Harvest Cheddar to a safe #2) is Garden Salsa. The sweet tomato (also, no "e," D.Q.) flavor keeps me coming back for more and more and more...

I can eat an entire bag of Sun Chips in a sitting.

What keeps me from doing it?

The bag.

The new Sun Chips bag is 100% vegetable-based and compostable.

This is good! Go green!

But why does it keep me from eating an entire bag late in the evening as I veg out on the couch???

The bag is TERRIBLY LOUD! Like, obscenely loud!

Think tissue paper on steriods.

If I so much as reach past a bag of Sun Chips while my baby is asleep in her room, she's shaken awake by the noise.

Pick a bag up the next time you're in the chip isle, and you'll see exactly what I mean (then put that baby in your cart!!).

Don't get me wrong - I need food that screams (literally) DON'T EAT ME LATE AT NIGHT!!

I have plenty of other times during the day to stuff my face. For now, I will stare longingly at the bag perched safely on the top shelf of my pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!